Walton & Co appoints from international firm
Recently ranked by Chambers as one of the leading teams of specialist planning lawyers in the country, Walton & Co is pleased to announce the appointment of Will Swarbrick as Solicitor to complement and strengthen the firm’s existing service offering.
Having previously worked for an international firm, Will is a commercially-minded planning lawyer committed to providing an exceptional level of client service. He is experienced in acting for developers, landowners and public authorities across a range of contentious and non-contentious matters.
Will has experience in acting for a broad range of clients, including developers, public authorities, hotel and hospitality operators, investors, statutory undertakers and private individuals. He advises across various development types including industrial, commercial and residential. Previous work includes:
• Providing strategic advice to applicants in respect of planning appeals, judicial review and s.288 challenges;
• Acting for local authorities, private and hospitality clients on s.106, s.278 and s.38 Agreements;
• Advising a statutory undertaker in relation to an objection to a Compulsory Purchase Order, and protections available to it in its capacity as both landowner and statutory undertaker;
• Providing listed buildings and heritage advice to a private client in connection the redevelopment and extension of a listed building;
• Acting for a company in relation to its acquisition of renewable energy facilities, and providing advice in relation to available permitted development rights;
• Providing advice to private clients on issues relating to planning enforcement; and
• Acting for a landowner in relation to an objection to a Town and Village Green application made in respect of its land, and providing strategic advice to the landowner on the Town and Village Green regime.
“We are thrilled to have Will on board. The high calibre of our latest recruit is proof of Walton & Co's growing reputation in the planning industry," said David Walton.
“We look forward to the exciting opportunities on the horizon for our growing team.”